Free place at global bleeding disorders conference – APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Written by Sam Wilson, December 19, 2023
We are offering one of our members the chance to join the Haemophilia Society (THS) as a representative of the UK bleeding disorders community at the World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) 2024 World Congress in Spain.
We’re looking for someone with a genetic bleeding disorder, or the parent of a child with a bleeding disorder, to take part in this global conference which is held in Madrid from 21-24 April 2024.
The WFH Congress brings together patient organisations, clinicians and people working within the bleeding disorders community from across the world. The event is an opportunity share knowledge and experiences, extend networks and access a varied programme of workshops and talks. Experts will update delegates on the latest in scientific and medical advances in treatment and care across all bleeding disorders.
THS will be sending a delegation of staff, trustees and volunteers and we are offering an additional place to a member who feels they would benefit personally from the experience. They would also be representing the UK community and should be willing to work with us in the future to share the knowledge and experience gained at the congress.
You do not need to have any previous experience of attending conferences or of public speaking.
- Return economy airfare from UK to Madrid
- Accommodation from Sunday to Thursday
- Delegate Pass to the WFH Congress
- Attendance at Conference Dinner
- An expense allowance for meals not provided as part of the hotel and congress packages.
- Attend all days of the congress
- Be available for promotional photographs for our website and social media channels so we can promote our attendance at the event
- Be interviewed about your experience for publication in THS promotional material
- Consider attending future THS events to share knowledge gained from the congress.
Applications closed on 22 January 2024. We will invite those shortlisted for an informal online interview the week beginning 29 January and a final decision will be made by the first week of February 2024.
If you have any further questions email us at [email protected].