The Big Get-Together
Join us for our Big Get-Together – (our conference for everyone with a bleeding disorder)
We’re bringing together people with bleeding disorders of all ages from across the UK at our Big Get-Together in Leeds on Saturday 18 November 2023.
Join us to meet others with haemophilia, von Willebrand disorder (VWD), factor XI deficiency, Glanzmann Thrombasthenia and other rare genetic bleeding disorders.
Free to our members (and don’t forget it’s free to join the Haemophilia Society), this special event is a chance to connect with others in our community, learn more about your condition and find the support and information you need.
- Treatment and care updates from the UK’s leading clinicians
- Tips on how to be sporty and active with a bleeding disorder
- Support for self-treatment and overcoming needle phobia
- Workshop on finding the right psychological support for you
- Clinician-led discussion on genetic counselling
- Workshop for women and girls with a bleeding disorder
- Get Financial Advice from Sam Richards, Director and Chartered Financial Planner at Factor Financial Planning.
- Specially tailored workshop for members aged 12–18, run by haemophilia nurses (Saturday only)
- Evening Dinner and Disco (extra charges apply, open to all members of all ages)
Take a sneak peek at our draft agenda, which reveals the captivating layout for the day.
The Big Get-Together takes place at The Met Hotel in Leeds on Saturday 18 November 2023. It will be followed on Sunday, 19 November, by the Haemophilia Society’s Annual General Meeting (AGM), which begins at 10 am and is open to all members.
Please be advised that members are responsible for booking their own accommodation for our upcoming event. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide subsidised rates for hotel stays.
To secure your room, follow the link to reserve a spot at a nearby hotel.
Please note: The Met Hotel has limited availability! We highly recommend reserving your accommodation immediately to guarantee your stay.
Curious about what you’ll find on the agenda? Click the link below to get an exclusive preview. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed!
RSVP now to guarantee your place. Conference sessions are complimentary, including lunch and refreshments. During registration, we kindly request you indicate your preferred workshops to help us estimate the number of participants per session. However, please note that workshop choices are not set in stone and allow for flexibility, enabling members to switch between workshops or alter their preferences if desired. For an exceptional evening experience, join our dinner and disco, where charges apply at £35 per adult and £15 per child (non-refundable). Indulge in a delicious 3-course meal and complimentary arrival drinks (with a child’s drink token for soft beverages) while mingling and dancing the night away at our lively disco. Don’t miss out! Reserve your tickets now via the link below. Make sure to reserve tickets for each member joining us. Please ensure you name all attendees individually so we know who is coming.