APPG on Haemophilia and Contaminated Blood – Latest Meeting
The APPG on Haemophilia and Contaminated Blood met on the 29th March.
The Agenda for the Meeting was:
- Introductions and Apologies
- New Contaminated Blood Support consultation
- Aspects of the new proposals
- The new scheme administrator
- Plans for engagement
- Proposed meeting with Lord O’Shaughnessy
- Update on actions from the last meeting
- Expanded membership of the APPG
- Hillsborough-style inquiry and letter to Bishop James Jones.
- Submission to the Health, Disability and Work Green Paper
- Update on correspondence with Alliance House and scheme administrator trustees
- Dates of the next meetings
The actions agreed at the meeting were:
- To include a discussion of the remit and focus of the APPG at the next AGM
- To write to the Minister regarding the proposed meeting and the support scheme (available here)
- Invite members and affected individuals to put themselves forward for the proposed User Panel and Working Group on benefits and contaminated blood
- To schedule a meeting with the Chairs of the discretionary Alliance House charities
Future meetings are planned for Tuesday 18th April, Wednesday 21st June and provisionally Wednesday 11th October. Additional meetings may be scheduled as required.
The minutes of the meetings are available here: APPG meeting minutes 29 March 2017 final.