Race Around the World
Uniting our global community, one mile at a time
While distance keeps us apart, uniting to reach a common goal brings us together. And in this case the goal is to virtually race around all 25,000 miles of the globe between 17 February and 17 April, while raising £25,000 to support the THS community.
World Haemophilia Day unites the global bleeding disorders community, and for THS this is when we show the world that we are stronger together. And together, in the lead-up to the day, we will raise awareness in the local communities, while raising funds so that we can support everyone in those communities.
So, rally the troops! Connect with people in your local area and get as many people as you can to walk, run, swim, cycle or skip your way around the world!
How does it work?
Rally the troops!
Get as many people as you can so you can walk, run, swim, cycle or skip your way around the world! (That’s 25,000 miles.) Our Events Team is also happy to put you in touch with people in your local area, if you want to meet new people and increase your chances of being the first team to complete your share of the distance.
Pick a team
There are four teams – Team Blue, Team Orange, Team Yellow, and Team Purple – each with their own route, which takes them to every country that is a member of the World Federation of Hemophilia.
Choose your challenge
There are plenty of activities that people of all ages and abilities can do to get moving and start clocking up those miles. Whether you do run or prefer to dance your way across the world, all you need to do is track your movement on Strava or Runkeeper and get going.
Register your group and join your team
Just follow the steps below to set-up your GivePenny fundraising page and get started on your Race Around the World!
- Click the ‘Join’ button and enter your details! If you want to fundraise as a team, you’ll need to create your page first and act as ‘admin’ for the page. You can then invite team members along to join. More info on how to do this can be found here. If you each register as individuals, you can track your progress more easily on your own fundraising page!
- Choose a group to join (Blue, Purple, Yellow or Orange) – make sure you and your team members join the same one, unless you want to compete against each other!
- Set-up your fundraising page – don’t forget to personalise your page and add in any details that’ll encourage more donations! There is a handy walkthrough on how to edit your page here.
- Connect your page to your Strava account – this way, the distance you cover will update automatically onto your fundraising page! You can find out more information on how to connect to Strava here. If you’d prefer not to connect to an app, you can update the distance you cover manually. There is more information on how to do this here.
- You’re all set and ready to go! Share your page with friends, family, colleagues and anyone else who might be able to support you. Don’t forget to share the link to your page on your social media channels too!
Remember, our Events Team is always on hand to offer any assistance you may need. Simply send them an email at [email protected]