Can you create our new superhero?
We’re looking for children with loads of imagination to help us create a new superhero to help young people with a bleeding disorder.
Buddy, the Haemophilia Society’s (THS) former mascot has retired, and we’re launching a competition to design his replacement. Like Buddy, our new superhero will be a special friend to any child with a bleeding disorder.
The competition is open to children aged five to 11 with the winning design unveiled at our Big Get-Together in Leeds in November.
Our new superhero will be used on THS’s branding and merchandise, plus we have plans to bring them to life as an animated character. Expect our new mascot to make a few personal appearances at events too.
We’re looking for fun, original and creative designs which follow these guidelines:
- character should be a superhero in human form
- the character needs a name and a superpower
- red should be included as part of the colour scheme
- give the character a short backstory
- designs should be submitted on paper via the post or email
- include your name, age and your contact details with your application
The competition runs from 1 July to 4 September 2023 with the winner chosen by a panel. The designs will be framed and used to decorate THS’s office in London.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected] or sent to The Haemophilia Society, FAO Buddy, 52B Borough High Street, London SE1 1XN.